Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chicken & Rice Leftovers

Recently, the Barber family took a trip out to Nevada to visit family for a few days during the week, and although I was sort of bummed that I couldn't make it out there with them this time, I DID get to enjoy their delicious cooking!

Jef brought home some of the chicken Parmesan they had for dinner one night. It was amazing as leftovers, so I can only imagine how delicious it was when fresh! The chicken had a light panko and parm breading and the sauce was light but creamy.


As for cooking at home, I have made a few things but didn't take any pictures! I know, I'm a slacker with this blog so far - but I have great intentions and want to become a devoted food blogger! (But I am also busy...and lazy.)

I made some Thai chicken wraps with leftover chicken breasts, homemade peanut sauce, and some quick sauteed carrot slaw and bean sprouts on these spinach tortillas that were so good!

One morning I used some more of the tortillas, made some eggs and had quesadillas with cheese, eggs, tomatoes and bacon. They were HUGE and soooo yummers!

Last night was Trader Joe's Mandarin chicken, steamed white rice, and more cooked carrots and bean sprouts. The chicken is just really good, it has similar spice and flavor to Panda Express Orange Chicken, and its easy to make in a skillet or baked in the oven - either way creates the same texture. (And at $4.99/bag its a steal!)

Time to pick out some new recipes to try! Next I am excited to try these awesome looking citrus pancakes, I've been craving them ever since I saw the picture! I found them here.


*DROOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment